FACTS YOU NEED TO STAY SUN SAFE,
365 DAYS A YEAR.
365 DAYS A YEAR.
- Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide are the ONLY two ingredients recognized as safe by the FDA. Read your labels. Protecting your skin shouldn’t mean having to settle for chemical sunscreen agents!
- Using mineral sunscreen means that you can go outside right away. Chemical sunscreen on the other hand, requires 20 minutes of waiting for the chemicals to be absorbed into your skin in order to work.
- UVA vs UVB: Both are harmful to our skin and its important to utilize broad spectrum sunscreen to ensure protection against both UVA and UVB. UVB rays are responsible for sunburn damage while UVA rays penetrate deep into the skin and cause premature aging, wrinkles and other skin damage that can lead to skin cancer.
- SPF 30 vs SPF 50! Most think the higher the SPF the more protection, but that’s not necessarily true. SPF 30 will give you 97% protection against UV rays while SPF 50 will give you 98%. Don’t be fooled by high SPF labels, they don’t equate to higher levels of protection.
- Infants lack enough tanning pigments (melanin) to protect them from the sun. Our sunscreens are formulated with clean ingredients that are safe for children and infants!
- Sunscreen in your makeup may not be enough. The minimum amount of sunscreen needed on the face is about dime size. If your foundation uses a dime sized amount, it will fulfilled its primary goal of coverage before its secondary goal of sun protection. Use a sunscreen product that provides sun protection only! Everything else is a bonus!
- Sunscreen isn’t only necessary when outside. If you work in an office with windows, or drive a car, the UV rays will still reach you, so it's important to protect 24/7.